To have a dishwasher in good condition and that offers a longer useful life, it is essential to carry out a thorough cleaning periodically, taking into account the different parts that are inside, thus achieving an appliance that offers excellent operation.
That is why the steps to follow to clean the dishwasher properly are detailed below:
- Clean the filter: The filter is located in the lower area of the dishwasher's inner tray, and it is important before extracting it to remove the lower tray for greater comfort. It is recommended to clean by mixing water and a few drops of dish soap, in case of a more effective cleaning add a mixture of baking soda. Scrub the mixture into the filter with a brush, remove dirt and food debris, and then rinse and replace it. In case of greater dirt, let it soak for 30 minutes in hot water before rubbing it. Cleaning is recommended at least once a month in case of constant use.
- Fill the compartment for special salt for the dishwasher: It is carried out only when the appliance notifies to replenish the special salt by means of its light that lights up, for this reason, the screw cap is unscrewed, the funnel is inserted and salt is added in the amount indicated in the equipment manual.
- Clean the trays: It is advisable to clean the lower tray, verifying that it does not have food remains, it is important to go over the rails so that they run easily with a damp cloth and then use kitchen paper to dry it.
- Clean the door seal: Using a damp cloth, go over the rubber of the dishwasher door since food remains can accumulate, even mold due to humidity, and it should be dried with kitchen paper for greater effectiveness.
- Check the detergent and rinse aid dispenser: The dispenser becomes dirty due to the accumulation of product remains if it is not dissolved correctly, so it is advisable to check that it is clean.
- Remove the blades and clean them: Grease and dirt accumulate on the blades or arms inside the equipment, so it is recommended to clean them every six months. If the blades can be opened, they are cleaned inside with water, soap, and vinegar diluted in water or degreaser, and if they cannot be disassembled, they are placed in a basin with hot and then placed under running water. Let them dry then put them back.
- Cleaning the internal ducts of the dishwasher: It is important to use special products such as machine cleaners together with the tablets, and each product has its own instructions, in general, you just unscrew the bottle and place it upside down in the dishwasher in the tray, then close the lid. It should be considered that the dishwasher must be empty, and cleaning is recommended to be done once or twice a month.