If we talk about cleaning in the kitchen, a very dirty and burned oven can become a nightmare. This artifact usually goes unnoticed in kitchen cleaning, so it tends to accumulate a lot of dirt.
Even if you don't use it very often, it retains all kitchen grease and splashes. For that reason, it stores an incredible amount of difficult-to-remove dirt.
Burns, residue, bad odors, and stuck-on grease may seem complicated, but dealing with them is easier than you think.
Clean oven glass
The first part is the least challenging: making the oven window translucent and shiny. What do you need? You have a lot to choose from, for example:
- Neutral soap: you can use a sponge and some soap if you want to clean it as soon as possible. You just need to use enough water and make sure you dry well when you're done.
- Degreaser: distribute it on the characteristic kitchen stains and let it work. In a few minutes, you will be able to remove the fat without the slightest effort. Don't forget to wear latex gloves.
- Bicarbonate: This is the cheapest alternative on the list. You just have to create a paste with some water, use it as soap and remove it with dry tissues. The glass will be magnificent.
Cleaning a very dirty oven inside
The walls, floor, and oven racks can be challenging. Oven smoke and spilled liquids, among other factors, make it a filthy haven.
Do you want to know what you need? Very simple: only the products already mentioned. If you prefer, you can also buy specialized products for cleaning ovens. These are specially designed to destroy dirt, dilute easily and leave no residual odors.
If your oven has removable trays, you should start there. Then, dedicate yourself to cleaning the oven from top to bottom, without forgetting the ceiling or the sides. Finally, focus on the lower part and remember the following suggestions:
- Try to have the oven unplugged and cold before starting.
- Do not use sponges or metal brushes.
- Do not exceed the amount of water.
- Clean in sections and dry them as soon as possible.
- Do not use combined cleaning products.
Tips for cleaning a very dirty oven
Here are some tips for how to clean a very dirty oven.
Cleaning a very dirty oven can be difficult and time-consuming, but it is important to do so in order to avoid health risks and maintain the safety of your family and home.
Some of the tips include using a sponge with hot water, baking soda, vinegar, putting baking soda on the stovetop before turning it on, or using lemon juice.