Taking proper care of your refrigerator will enable you to not only improve the functionality of this equipment in your everyday life, but you will also be able to prolong its usable life while saving energy at home.
When it comes to keeping your food and beverages fresh, it's essential to pay attention to everything from the installation to the cleaning of your refrigerator.
How to take care of the refrigerator in your home?
There are a few things to keep in mind to care for your refrigerator in your house properly. For example, a proper installation necessitates leaving enough room in the kitchen for your appliance to breathe. On the other hand, before cleaning your refrigerator, remember to disconnect it and remove all of your food. Keep in mind that the more you care for your refrigerator, the longer it will survive, and the more you will be able to use it at home.
Here are some helpful hints for keeping your refrigerator in excellent working order:
- The location in your kitchen where you want to put your refrigerator must have enough ventilation.
- You may minimise potential moisture issues with your refrigerator by placing it in a dry location.
- Because the cables or extensions might cause short circuits, your refrigerator must include a ground connection.
- Place your refrigerator on a level surface.
- You may alter the height of the refrigerator's legs if you believe it's essential.
- You should leave a 10-centimeter gap at the back and sides of your refrigerator to allow air to move freely.
- It is critical that you shield your refrigerator from direct sunlight and weather fluctuations.
- Check to see whether your refrigerator is level, since if it isn't, the door will not shut correctly, causing vibrations.
- Unplugging your refrigerator is the most critical step in cleaning it. Remove all of your food before tackling the drawers and dividers.
- Cleaning the refrigerator at least once a week is advised to prevent unwanted odours.
- Cleaning the condenser twice a year is excellent for improved appliance performance.
- When it comes to removing ice from your refrigerator's walls, avoid using blades.
- Close the refrigerator door while you're not using it to save electricity.
- Check that the refrigerator's sealing rubbers are in excellent working order, since if they aren't, frozen air might escape, reducing the refrigerator's energy efficiency.
How to clean the refrigerator?
Surely you are wondering, how can I care for and clean my refrigerator? The answer is simple, you should always unplug your fridge and then remove your food. Then, don't forget to have the right cleaning supplies on hand. Take note of these tips for a deep cleaning of your refrigerator.
Step by step to clean your fridge:
- Unplug your refrigerator and remove all food that is inside.
- When cleaning your refrigerator, use implements such as gloves, cloths, or sponges.
- Remove the trays, drawers, and other interior compartments of your fridge and start cleaning with a damp cloth.
- It is recommended to clean the inside of your fridge with baking soda.
- Make a mixture of warm water and baking soda. Keep in mind that you should use 1 tablespoon per liter of water.
- With the help of a damp cloth or sponge, apply the mixture of baking soda and water to the surfaces inside the refrigerator.
- After thoroughly cleaning the inside of the refrigerator, use another damp cloth to wipe down the surfaces.
- Once the inside of the fridge is clean and dry, it's time to replace the compartments.
- Finally, plug in the refrigerator and place the food.