The first rule of a griller is to take care of your favorite grill in order to enjoy its trouble-free operation for a long time. Today we will analyze in detail how to wash a gas grill, what to use for washing, and in what order to perform each action.
- Soapy warm, and separately clean water.
- Soft sponge.
- Wet wipes without alcohol and fragrances.
- Tooth sticks, skewers.
- Terry or dry paper towels.
SEQUENCE OF ACTIONS: WASHING STEPS
- Turn off the cylinder, completely disconnect the fuel from the unit and disconnect the gas pipes. Now wash the tubes in warm soapy water and rinse with clean water. This must be done every time before the start of the season.
- We take out the grates, disconnect the burners and the gas pipes leading to them. We wash everything thoroughly, wipe it with a clean towel. The burners can simply be wiped with a clean, damp cloth. Sold in any supermarket.
- We clean the holes in the burners. To do this, take a toothpick or a thin steel stick, a knitting needle, and carefully remove dirt and grease.
- Take foil or disposable bags, strong film, and close the gas valves so that no water enters when washing. You can additionally fix it with an elastic band. Once the valve guards are in place, prepare a warm soapy solution.
- Now wash the entire frying surface with a sponge 2 times - soapy water and warm water. Walk with a dry terry towel to absorb all the water. Wipe dry to avoid streaks. Rinse the equipment from the outside in the same way. After that, reinstall all disconnected parts.
AN EFFECTIVE WAY TO CLEAN YOUR GRATE
To clean - use a special brush. So that in the future, food doesn't stick and does not impede the cleaning process - lubricate with vegetable oil using a cotton pad or cotton swab. If there is no brush, roll a piece of foil into a ball and hold it between tongs. Before you start cleaning, preheat the grill to maximum temperature with the lid closed. During this time, the fat will melt, and the remaining debris will burn out. Unplug and let stand for 15 minutes. Then you can clean. We recommend that you start the cleaning process from the grate to not wash the equipment in the second circle.